"Our pace took sudden awe" -Emily Dickinson

Saturday, February 6, 2010

When you grow up what would you like to be?


I wanted to be either a paparazzi photographer, a social worker, or Celine Dion.

Paparazzi because I thought hiding behind bushes and taking pictures sounded exciting.
A social worker, most likely spawned from the Meals on Wheels we took part in.
Celine Dion because someone told me (in fourth grade!) that I looked like her and also because she was quickly becoming the famous voice of Titanic.

Then I found out that the paparazzi are a despised breed.
Then I became too concerned with myself.
Then American Idol rejected me.

And so I decided to try and write because in the end, all I really want to do is capture truth. And I discovered that even this takes work. Even this requires a vision. Even this demands I maintain persistence because anything worthwhile requires it.

Eventually I will buy a good camera.
I will help others.
I will still sing in the shower.

Modified, yes. But why not? My former self would thank me.




2 comments:

  1. I hate to sound gullible, but I do have to ask: did you really get rejected by American Idol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Takach, baby.
    I was rejected (so was she).

    ReplyDelete