"Our pace took sudden awe" -Emily Dickinson

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Circa Sam Rit.

I think I'm drinking a green tea that's a mix between coconut, pineapple, peach, citrus, chocolate, cream, merlot, and chai.

My point is that there's a lot going on with it.
However, I taste the coconut the most.
And I absolutely refuse to try and extend this small concept into an extended metaphor that will then take up the rest of this entry. Instead, how about if you're interested in it, you can meditate on the idea that this little tea cup holds many, many flavors but that one is noticeable above the rest, that another is the foundation that all of the other flavors were infused into, and that it must sit in scalding water in order to steep out anything worth drinking.
Think about these things and ask Jesus if they're relevant to you. I found some parallels.

I am sitting at Barnes and Noble again because I love this place and I usually love their tea. Right now there is a gentleman in front of me, hunched over literature. I don't think he's looked up since I set my things down nearly thirty minutes ago. Then, there is a small group of loud middle-aged women who are planning a high school senior - dinner? prom? pep rally? Who knows. The only detail I've caught (except details about Krissi Harris' life and the co-chairman of an ..auction? She's new to First Baptist, you know) is that whatever said event is does not "require students to be cleared for graduation". What a relief.

Oh, new update: a father/daughter dance? How appropriate, considering my sentiments of late.
There is milk steaming in a steal pitcher off to my left. There is the obligatory mother with the stroller and toddler in the cafe. There are two (presumably) business women chatting with their 20 ounce drinks in hand.
Why can't I stop being enthralled by places like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment