"Our pace took sudden awe" -Emily Dickinson

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stand atop this hill with me. Look at all those trees below. Will you help me stand on this boulder? Where did they even find a boulder like this? All those trees. I used to call them "broccoli", you know. Of course you know.

Let's walk along this pathway. See the inlets of rock and gravel? See how tall the grass is? This is the medicine wheel. This has been in the making since the 1980's. What do you think of this place?

Something vivid in my memory is the seeding grass. Watch. I run my hands up the stem and at the top I take off every seed I can get. When I was younger, I threw them into the pastures. I thought I was creating a thick coat of grass. Perhaps I did.

Hold my hand, love. You're here, you see the beauty of a place many think is barren. Now we're at the top of this hill.

Let's just stand and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment