"Our pace took sudden awe" -Emily Dickinson

Thursday, July 21, 2011

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/07/21/africa.famine.voices/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

We do not worry about this here.

Their eyes are what compels me to read. Their stories are what compel me to pray. Their resilience is what compels me to search my heart.

Water is not something we lack. Water is something that my dog splashes out of his bowl every day and we laugh at him. And I think to myself, "What this family would do for that dog bowl of clean water". What this family's done thus far is split ways, traversing across the country in different direction in hopes of finding water for one another. They have been traveling for 17 days.

I drink my iced coffee and I think about this.
My dishwasher runs quietly in the kitchen and I think about it.
The shower is running and I think, "Oh my, how little we lack".


No comments:

Post a Comment